Thursday 20 September 2012

Beauty Buys...

I recently mentioned (here) that I was building up my make-up bag and started with my foundation. Now, I thought that I should reap the benefits of being in Duty-Free before my holiday and treated myself to a new mascara. 

I've had my eyes on a few recently, YSL Shocking Mascara and Lancome Hypnose Star Mascara, however, I didn't end up purchasing either.  I do still want to try the YSL one but I was on the hunt for a waterproof one (for holiday) and sadly they didn't have this option.

I ended up purchasing Lancome Hypnose Doll Eyes (Waterproof)...


Dreaming of a Doll Lash effect?
Hypnôse Doll Eyes Waterproof coats every single lash without weighing them down, for a wide-eye look.Results: A volumised, extended, lifted lash look.



I have to say I really like this mascara, it's my favourite that I have used in a long time! I like the brush/wand, which was what put me off the Hypnose Star mascara - I prefer a fuller thicker brush/wand to really coat my lashes. Which is why the Hypnose Drama may be on my list next...



I usually wear quite heavy eyeliner, but with just a few coats and curled lashes, this mascara really does open your eyes and has a great look, both volumised and extended.



As for waterproof, it is the best waterproof mascara I have used, the majority stays put but after a long day in the sun/in the pool it did eventually come off and there were slight grey smudges under my eyes... but nothing like panda eyes at all!  



My other recent buy, which is actually a gift is the Chanel Coco Noir perfume, from my very lovely boyfriend!



So now I smell lovely!

Next on my list is concealer... does anyone have an recommendations or links to their reviews please?







No comments:

Post a Comment