Thursday 22 December 2011

Company Hair Studio - Manchester

I have thought long and hard about whether to post about this or not, but what I went through was so bad, I wouldn't want anyone else to endure the same.

To many people, their hair is an important part of their image, it certainly is to me.  I have been blonde for two years now and decided to mix it up a little for the winter, for those of you who have been following my blog will have seen I had been inspired by Pip Edwards.  I decided to take the plunge and booked an appointment with Company Hair Studio, a professional looking salon in the student area of Manchester.

After going into the salon to book my appointment and showing the stylist my inspiration, I felt confident that my dreams were going to be achieved... I was SO wrong!



These pictures are taken by the hairdressers who saved my hair!

The next day I went into the salon and a different stylist did my hair, I showed her my inspiration and talked it through with her, specifically detailing that it needed to be textured/feathered/blended and not be straight lines.  She painted the dye on to my hair, whilst doing 3 other clients haircuts simultaneously.

After washing and drying my hair, it resembled a zebra/leopard and the stylists face said it all.  She quickly applied foils to my hair and was suddenly very nice to me, the other stylists in the salon all looked worried.  I was terrified.  Still not happy with the end result I quickly paid and left the salon.

It was no better when I got home, I was so upset!  I spoke to my sister (a hairdresser) and sent her a picture and she promised to fix it for me.

I went back to the salon to ask for a refund, it wasn't easy.  The manager looked shocked by the state of my hair and offered to rectify it, I explained that I had lost trust with the salon and then had to fight for a full refund (she was very rude).

Now, I'm not expecting to cause problems for this salon and I'm not asking for anything aggressive.  I am just wanting to warn people of the salon and what they did to my hair. The salon that fixed my hair were appalled by the work the stylist had done, completely ruining my hair and doing a really bad job.

This is the fixed result...




It's a lot darker and less blonde than I had envisaged, however it needed to be to cover up the mess it was before.

So...

The moral of the story guys, is to stick with a hairdresser you trust to do your hair OR you will spend days in tears like I did.

Bea x 

7 comments:

  1. You have nice hair. :)
    xx

    www.sasanja.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I just found your blog!! :)
    Love your hair color!!
    Maybe you'll have time to visit my blog and follow if you like!!
    Kisses,
    Chiara

    Books in my bags

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're gorgeous! You're hair looks lovely ;-)!

    I like your blog a lot!

    Anna,
    www.StyleMakes-Sense.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi guys, thank you for all your lovely comments! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have just come across your blog today and literally have read practically all of your posts,
    I love it!
    Just up my street, all of your picks and likes ect!
    Also can't believe what happened to your hair,
    I have just recently made the decision to have something like that but not as far down with the brown, more MK olsen rooty
    and I have been growing my bleach blonde out (its a nightmare and my hair looks tragic atm).

    Glad I have found your blog girlll
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you, you have literally made my day!!! Aww know the feeling with the hair situation, trying to go back blonde... hoping to have my first highlighting session next weekend! Checked out your blog and I LOVE your style, those glittery leggings are fab! Looks like we are fashion twins haha!

      Bea xoxo

      Delete