Saturday 26 May 2012

Great Gatsby

I just wanted to start by saying a massive "Thank you" and "Hello" to all my new followers and to my loyal existing followers/readers too. It means so much when I see that my little corner of the internet is shared with you all :) I still find it quite strange to believe people actually see this!

So, I have a new obsession (to add to my long list) the twenties... I didn't realise I could love an era quite as much as the 60's/70's but the twenties are giving me some serious inspiration. Flapper dresses, feathers, sequins, glamour, art deco and opulence... why haven't I discovered this before?!

My main reason for blogging about this is that this week I saw the trailer for "The Great Gatsby" directed by Baz Luhrmann. It looks simply AMAZING, I'm obsessed already and can't believe I have to wait until December to see it. I'm a huge fan of Baz Luhrmann's work; Moulin Rouge and Romeo & Juliet are two of my all time favourite films. 



Starring Leonardo DiCaprio and Carrey Mulligan, I can see from the trailer that Baz Luhrmann captures everything that this era is about and I simply cannot wait to watch it!

Are you as excited as me?


No comments:

Post a Comment