Saturday 5 February 2011

Light as a feather...

For a long time now I have been inspired and drawn to imagery of birds, their silhouettes (take note background of twitter, blog and tumblr), swallows and feathers.  I'm not entirely sure what it is I love about them.  Perhaps their delicacy, elegance, symbolism of freedom? Or, they are just pretty... mystery eh?

The other day I went to see Black Swan and it was everything everyone told me it was and more.  I love the Ballet.  I danced from the age of 2 up until I was about 12 and my father was a dancer in the Royal Ballet. Safe to say, it's something I am passionate about.  It's beautiful.

The film was for lack of a better word Amazing. The costumes, the music, the cinematography, the story, Mila Kunis, Natalie Portman and did I say the costumes?



Costumes by Rodarte.

I fell in love with the white dress Natalie Portman wore when they announced her as the 'Swan Queen' I couldn't find a good image so have shown the illustration, it's beautiful.

Feathers, Feathers, Feathers... <3

Bea x 

No comments:

Post a Comment